Cadillac Question. Please take a look! Fuel Problems

Hello, I have a 1984 Cadillac Deville. It's the V8 (non diesel). The car has been sitting for about a year or so and I went to start it up and found a leak in the Transmission cooling lines. I plugged those up and then I got an error from the onboard computer that there was an open fuel pump circuit. So I found the fuse that had blown and replaced that so that the fuel pump worked again. I was also getting an error that read that there was no Tach signal. I remember a plug that I had unplugged under the car when I was fixing the cooling lines and the wires were fryed beyond belief so I had to get a new harness from the junk yard. So I spliced that in and all the errors went away. Now I am getting a clear reading. When I turn the car on (starts right up) it idles very nicely, but when I shift it down into Drive or any other gear (besides neutral) you can feel the whole car "shift" and the idle drops lower but still runs ( it has NEVER died when I have done this). Then when I have it in drive and I have gone about 10 feet the engine cuts out for a second and makes a big "PUFF" sound from under the hood. When I release my foot from the gas the car resumes its regular idle speed. The car will some times die in this process other times it will just go back down to a really low idle and then rev up again and do the same thing. I have replaced the air filter. Could it possibly be that the Transmission sensor splicing wasn't accurate enough? What could this be? Also I had a friend look under the hood for where the puff was coming from and he had to take the air filter assembly off but he said that a cloud of what looked like gasoline came straight up through the 2, what I believe are the fuel injectors. He said it was almost like a cloud came up from that area. Also he said that the fuel injectors were NOT misting, they were more of a stream then anything is this correct. Could it be a clog in the fuel system? Could the fuel injectors be clogged? Is the fuel pump putting out too much gas? Could this be choke problem? Fuel Filter perhaps? Please either respond to this post or Email me at snipped-for-privacy@PagePath.com

Thank you for any help you can offer. Adam

Reply to
Adam

Bobo

I'd definately siphon out the old gas, put in some new gas and run some injector cleaner through the motor.

Reply to
Paradox