camouflage

In older days it was a prestige to be made in USA.

Now GM is selling cars under other logos to hide the USA origin.

Reply to
Bjorn

A rather telling commentary by GM.

Reply to
Jim_Higgins

I have been looking for what people say about experience of the Volt and it seems to be overall positive.

Reply to
Bjorn

Is GM rising again through the Volt?

"Did unions, management, civic leaders and just about everyone else in Michigan mismanage the postwar years? Of course. But the real point about Detroit is not that it fell so far, but that it once rose so high. Its economic success during World War II and the immediate aftermath was a freak of geopolitics. With most of the rest of the world (including some regions that were as technologically advanced as Michigan) consumed by war, only the U.S. and Canada were able to develop the high-tech industries of scale that were needed to fight the Axis powers. So successful were those North American industries in developing a mass middle-class standard of living that three generations of Americans were seduced into assuming that the prosperity of Detroit=92s golden age was normal and how America should be. It was nothing of the sort. It was an accident of world war, and the sooner we recognize its transitory, contingent nature, the shorter will be our mourning for its passing."