Can Anything Stop Toyota?

Page 11 of 14
In being of bellicose mind

Ok.... :-) I caught you red handed. Hahhaha
--
~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"

Which hand?
My left is broken...requiring more use of the right...
Scott in Florida
On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:00:25 GMT, "Philip"

btw I freely admit to being gay...I'm a male lesbian <g>
Scott in Florida
In wrote:

I have a devastating reply that I'm going to save for the right moment. LOL
--
~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"
"Timothy J. Lee" wrote:

Despite doing well in the IIHS offset barrier crash test, Tundras have the highest injury loss rating of any full sized pick-up. And in the goverment (NHTSA) crash tests they don't do as well as the Ford and GM pick-ups. This seems to be another example of the typical Toyota bias I see in the press - They do one thing well and get rave reviews. The fact that in the "real world" they are not as safe as other similar vehicles is never mentioned. In my opinion, Tundras are the least advanced design of any full size truck. The day they rolled out of the factory, they were not as good as Ford or Chevy full sized pick-up trucks, and they have none nothing to improve them over the past few years. Now they aren't even the best full size truck from a Japanes manufacturer.
Ed
C. E. White wrote:

The Tundra isn't a F150 or GMC 2500. Nice try, Toyota - but it's not a serious truck.

I don't think that Toyota designs their trucks for hauling. They're for divorced soccer-moms who want to blind ungrateful men by flashing their highbeams directly into their rearview mirrors.
Then again, how many Ford or GM trucks on the road are actually used for work (not commuting)? 15%?
Matt Keefer wrote:

I'd say their entire heavy duty lines have more than half real use/work related duties. I see tons of MGC towtrucks and commercial vehicles as well as contrstuction-related ones(Electrician/plumber/etc) - a LOT of sales.
The fact is, people who buy large pickups buy them for real use and off-road(if 4*4). The rest - they buy SUVs instead.

I say some are used for real work, but the vast majority are used to commute. Just watch the commuter traffic you'll see tons of pickups with one rider, empty or with some kind of topper protecting the box from whatevers charging onto the freeways. Another test is to drive thru some residental areas and see how many big PU's are sitting in driveways. These are not work trucks.
Dale

snipped-for-privacy@mac.com.nospam wrote:

Can't contractors live in a house too??
Can't contractors drive to the jobsite or to the office while protecting the things that are in their box?
Dan

There are a lot of under 18 contractors where I live then... who knew that the economy had secretly bounced back to the point that child labour was necessary?

True, but there arent that many contractors around here. The workers usually drive older PUs or cars. Try and get an addition on your house, you're looking at next March. I can always tell if it's a contractors PU because it'll be full of matieral, tools and pulling a big trailer full of more tools, material ect. Now thats a work truck. Check out a Home Depot at 7 AM if you want to see contractor PU's
No, the parking ramps are full of full size PU's around here. Even lawyers drive them.
Dale

Ever wander why?

So they can tailgate old people in Cavaliers with relative impunity?

Yea, there are people that do that. Even cops do it. Not just large truck drivers, but all kinds of vehicles. People are buying large SUV's and trucks because of the fact it is big and roomy. Five full size adults do not fit too well in an Explorer. The Taurus/Sable is only marginally better. Load up those "mid size vehicles, and the ass end drags the ground. The modern full size wagon are vehicles like the Expedition.

A "FULL sized" adult .... means .... an increasingly OBESE adult.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/10/14/health/main577938.shtml
--
~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"
Really? I'm 5'11" and weigh 190. Yea, there are more overweight people, that does not define a full size adult. Your comments are rather bigoted, at the least not thought out.

Why did you internalize the remark: "A full sized adult means an increasingly OBESE adult" ?? This is a fact that you agree with. The remark remains valid despite your inference of something less tangible. Ever go shopping in a Full Sized men's store? What sizes do you think you'll find in a Full Figured woman's store? Hmmmm? ;-)
--
~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"
Internalize? Interesting, but no. Are you sure I agree with that? Just how small or simple minded are you?

In North America anyhow... there are still places in the world where obesity is ridiculed, thank God.