Can Anything Stop Toyota?

Silly me. I did not realize you were trolling. You got me fair and square. Your point.

Reply to
getupand

In news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Thomas Moats being of bellicose mind posted:

Full sized Americans are increaslingly OBESE. If you wish to include medium and small sized Americans as being increasingly obese too, I'll leave that up to you.

Is this whole subject hitting close to home for some reason?

Hey... how about some FAT ASS jokes!

"Honey... do these pants make my butt look big?"

Reply to
Philip®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Thomas Moats being of bellicose mind posted:

I brought fat stature to the table as an explanation for interior room shortage. I can do that without your approval, ya know. This FAT discussion really bothers you. I'm not going to inquire why this topic bothers you.

Reply to
Philip®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Scott in Fla being of bellicose mind posted:

I have a devastating reply that I'm going to save for the right moment. LOL

Reply to
Philip®

The Tejon Pass (aka Grapevine) is a steeper downhill to Wheeler Ridge. The narrow pass with its steep walls is a visual factor quite absent at Cajon Pass.

IN my early days of truck driving, I smoked the brakes a couple of times decending Grapevine and blew a service pressure line to the trailer once. Each time of course, was with the truck scaled out between 75k to 80k lbs. That experience will give you religion.

Remember that cop show (Highway Patrol?) when a CHP got in front of a runaway semi going down Grapevine and succeeded in slowing or stopping the truck by letting the truck butt up against the rear of the patrol car? LOL That was Hollywood BS if ever there was such an example.

Reply to
Philip®

Interesting how you decide to twist. Your implied meaning is growing. So a full grown little person is not full size by his peers? A young adult is at the full growth stage? A teenager fits into the young adult stage, so does that make a teenager a full size adult?

No it's not. I used the term "full size" you gave the "meaning" out of context of what I was saying.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

The fat thing does not bother me. Your brilliant deductive reasoning and reading comprehension skills are baffling though.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

"Philip®" spake unto the assembled masses in news:4QCxb.20094$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Fat people are fat because they eat too much and don't get off their asses enough. That Is It. There is *NO* other explanation.

Fat people's favorite dumb-isms: "I have a slow metabolism" "I really don't eat *that* much" "I have a glandular disorder" "McDonald's made me this way, so I have sue them" "I have acid reflux"

Sorry. You are fat because you like to stuff your stomach LITERALLY to overflowing with metabolizable substances. The "acid reflux" is that 32oz bag of Doritos you ate before bed, when everyone else was already asleep and couldn't see you doing it.

Stop gorging, nibbling and snacking--and get off your ass once in a while-- and you won't be fat any more. Fast food has nothing to do with it.

Yeah, I know. You will deny all the foregoing because you can't face the fact that you are weak-willed AND a glutton.

Reply to
TeGGeR

Can't say I remember it. I sure hope no fools tried it because they saw the episode.

A passenger vehicle in front of runaway semi has two options:

  1. Get the hell out of the way
  2. Get flattened
Reply to
getupand

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! It's not our fault. I heard some guy say on a radio commercial for a weight-loss product that it's because of some protein in our bodies or some other chemical thing I'm clueless about that lets me (munch) assign blame elsewhere. You (chomp) want us to believe (slurp) a commercial would lie to us? Urp. ;)

Reply to
getupand

In news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Thomas Moats being of bellicose mind posted:

Yes it does, Thomas.

Reply to
Philip®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Thomas Moats being of bellicose mind posted:

Here's the short form: Full sized adults are increasingly OBESE. Cogitate on those words ... only. Read nothing else into that phrase.

Reply to
Philip®

In news:GfTxb.14$7 snipped-for-privacy@news.nnrp.ca, TeGGeR being of bellicose mind posted:

Gourmands are all around ... quite literally! ;-) When you tell a gourmand "Put down that pizza!" he interprets that command as EAT (put down) that pizza ASAP! LOL

Reply to
Philip®

Really? Are you so sure of that? Now you claim ESP? I'll assume by your claims of driving the "long haul" you have reached that age in which your growth has stopped, you are a full sized adult. How over weight are you? In the truck scale range?

Reply to
Thomas Moats

In news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Thomas Moats being of bellicose mind posted:

I"ve always been an Extra Special Person especially now at 11½ stones.

Reply to
Philip®

Special? Had a seat on that short bus you say?

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Ahem, that would be you...

"Rate and degree"??? Do you have any idea about what you're talking about or just threw in these word because they have give a pseudo-scientific background to your meaningless statement?

"Their description is outlined"??? Oh, boy, it's getting better... :-)

That's the point you wandered off and put the foot in your mouth...

So you offer an article in which a mere 2% of the population is grossly obese to justify a 50% market share of SUVs??? Amazing...

Such dissonances would just annoy anybody even from afar... :-)

Reply to
Neo

Again, you take a lame excuse as if it had been the sworn truth. After all, who wouldn't carry a Bible in the car just to be sworn by an officer in case one is stopped for speeding?

Yawn...

Reply to
Neo

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Neo being of bellicose mind posted:

The percentage our American population who qualify as obese has been increasing over the study period identified in the article. ALSO, these same persons are MORE obese than ever before.

Perhaps it is also the point you took personal offense. ;-)

On the way to being "grossly" obese, there is an span of overweights who barely qualify as "obese." My opinion (not mentioned in the article) is anyone 40+ pounds over their adjusted ideal is at the threshold of obesity.

Hehehhehhe!

"She doesn't sweat much for a fat chick."

An obese plumber squats down to look under the old woman's kitchen sink As he does, there's a horrendous ripping fabric sound.... The astonished woman says.. "Oh my God! I didn't know jeans could just rip open like that!"

Reply to
Philip®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Neo being of bellicose mind posted:

You don't seem to understand why drivers say the things they do while under stress. In fact dear Neo, all excuses that fail to get you off the hook are .... "lame." But some are funny.

Reply to
Philip®