Can Anything Stop Toyota?

Page 14 of 14
In

Did you read the link I posted concrening increasing obesity? Are not "Full sized" Americans part of the population? Do you wonder why I posted it in context of complaints of insufficient room in cars?
--
* Philip

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,

Yes.
Yes. But the original poster said "full-sized adults", referring to their full development as adults, not as fat pigs.

I see, sophistry at its summit: if part of the population is getting more obese and if part of the population is full-sized adults, all full-sized adults are fat.
OK, now go back to your hole.
In

My my... such passionate anger.
"Logic is a method used to arrive at wrong conclusions with confidence"
--
* Philip

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
masses in

Fat people are fat because they eat too much and don't get off their asses enough. That Is It. There is *NO* other explanation.
Fat people's favorite dumb-isms: "I have a slow metabolism" "I really don't eat *that* much" "I have a glandular disorder" "McDonald's made me this way, so I have sue them" "I have acid reflux"
Sorry. You are fat because you like to stuff your stomach LITERALLY to overflowing with metabolizable substances. The "acid reflux" is that 32oz bag of Doritos you ate before bed, when everyone else was already asleep and couldn't see you doing it.
Stop gorging, nibbling and snacking--and get off your ass once in a while-- and you won't be fat any more. Fast food has nothing to do with it.
Yeah, I know. You will deny all the foregoing because you can't face the fact that you are weak-willed AND a glutton.
--
TeGGeR

TeGGeR wrote:

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! It's not our fault. I heard some guy say on a radio commercial for a weight-loss product that it's because of some protein in our bodies or some other chemical thing I'm clueless about that lets me (munch) assign blame elsewhere. You (chomp) want us to believe (slurp) a commercial would lie to us? Urp. ;)
In

Gourmands are all around ... quite literally! ;-) When you tell a gourmand "Put down that pizza!" he interprets that command as EAT (put down) that pizza ASAP! LOL
--
~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"

snipped-for-privacy@mac.com.nospam wrote:

I'd still say 50%. Almost all of those "driveway pickups" are smaller ones like Tacomas. Buying a huge half ton truck is usually something you do for a reason.(I'm not counting the people who lower and put the rims and such on these things - they're just plain odd)

Not in this neck of the woods. Lots of F150's and the chevy model also a ton of big heavy Dodges. I even see a one ton'er once in a while, they never haul anything in them except trash or hook up the travel tailer to go up to the lake.
Dale

Up here in Toronto, people buy them for the aggressive statement that they make. You see these beautiful waxed shiny F150s and 2500s puttering around town with the tailgates up (carrying nothing), while their baseball-capped owners blast Em-enema or whatever other obnoxious garbage they can get their hands on through the big stereos they put into them. It really makes no sense either, because they suck ass on snow, handle like slugs, and roll when they drift off the road because of the high centre of gravity. Lots of SUVs too. :P
Thank God that cube vans aren't fashionable, or the serial killers would be able to freely drive among us.