Can rotors with ABS be turned ?

I have a 1995 Buick Regal with ABS. Yesterday I replaced the pads and turned the rotors in the front. The brakes now feel worse , pulsating and feeling like the ABS is engaged. Any opinions would be helpful.
Maybe buy new rotors or unhook the battery to maybe clear any ABS problems. Thanks
Big difference between brake pulsation and abs actuation, which is it?

-
I tell ya it kind of feels like ABS because the brakes feel hard if you know what I mean. like a metal to metal feel. When ABS is engaged does the light come on in the dash ?

If you have the "LOW TRAC" light, that will come on. I own a '95 W-body, and the ABS is more audible than felt through the pedal. If the ABS is working in error everytime you try to stop, you won't stop too quickly.
Steve
Make sure both rotors are not below the minimum thickness. Got a similar problem with my Montana.

This is what I am thinking. Years ago pre ABS and when I was younger and rotors were thicker , turning them were the way to go numerous times. Now the min. thickness thing might very well be prevalent with the advent of ABS sensors involved. All that I know my brake job should be good and it is not.

Most machine shops around here know what the minimum thickness should be, and would not cut them below that level for love or money.
I had a set cut a few years ago, however, and they wobbled from the very first. Turns out the lathe operator had used the wrong setup fittings, and he cut the discs out of index. You might check the runout to be sure you didnt get a bad cut.

Some shops will cut them anyways and void the warranty.
I would install new rotors. I'm pretty sure this is the problem.

Might be.. doesnt take much work to mike them, and check the runout.

i ran into this prob ALOT in the 90's on W platforms in the rental fleet i maintain. the shop i used to turn the rotors were not making a fine enuff cut and, for one reason or another, the pedal felt like pushing on concrete. GMs only advise was replace the rotors with OE. i had them cut at the slowest and finest pass possible and seem to bypass buying new part. i stopped even machining rotors on W bodies after figuring out the prob.
gm states not to turn these composit rotors but i have with little luck
jshammer wrote:

No they don't state that! I haven't run across any GM rotors that could not be machined.
Ian