Canadian Tire= What Is It?

I hear alot about Canadian Tire in this newsgroup. What is it ? A combo Auto Part Store / Service Center or just a Tire Store?

Just wondering

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~278, 469 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

and

or

Google is your friend.

Reply to
FBR

It's pretty much a department store with a large auto parts department and service center. My first bike came from Canadian Tire, as did my first fishing rod, tent, TV, and set of tires.

Almost everytime I go there for parts, they give me the wrong ones. Sometimes I think a bunch of trained monkeys could do just as good a job at the parts counter.

Jay S

Reply to
Jay S

"Harry Face" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3113.bay.webtv.net...

It's like a RadioShack for the car and home, Sports ware etc...

Reply to
Fastload

It's a Garbage auto parts store we have in canada, never take your car there, they will rip you off, and sell you shitty parts, shitty as in bad quality

Reply to
1

I don't want to buy car parts in the same store that they sell hockey equipment, eh!

Reply to
CADDman

Ahh so its pretty much the ultimate guy store.

Reply to
Paradox

Pretty bad when us Canadians dislike the store

Reply to
1

I hear most people refer to it as Crappy Tire. But we all go to it for one thng or another.

Reply to
Wooly

Reply to
Jeremiah

Reply to
Jeremiah

Crappy Tire? Its not all that bad. You just have to know the right one to go to. It is the largest automotive hard parts retailer in Canada. Granted their are some really dumb people working there but the same can be said for any retail chain. I much prefer them over say WalMart or Sears.

Just my 2 cents.

Shane.

1988 Olds T.S.
Reply to
Shane Williams

Do they have Tim Horton's Coffee in there?

Reply to
Joe

"Joe" wrote

No, that's across the parking lot. You know, where all the cop cars are parked.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

That's actually true of the Canadian Tire in my town (and probably many more) There IS a Tim Horton's across the parking lot!!

Jay S

Reply to
Jay S

Believe it or not, there is a Tim Horton's in the Canadian Tire store at The Centre Mall location in Hamilton, Ontario. They don't bake anything there as far as I know, just coffee, and they ship the donuts in.

Reply to
Wooly

All baking for TH is done by a subsidiary baking firm, much in the way Wendy's, TH owner, has their own baking firm for their needs..

Buy more TH stuff, I need those WEN dividend checks!!!

Wir welle bleiwe wat mir sin (Letzebuergesch)

Reply to
munir

And on nearly every corner....I swear they airlift them in :)

Reply to
Brad Clarke

"Jay S" wrote

We just got the first Krispy Kreme doughnut shop in Calgary. I managed to grab one from the body shop. Ahhhh....not bad....I'll have to try one fresh and hot.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

What is worse is that at the flagship store on Ottawa Street in Hamilton.... they got rid of the counter service :(

I'm sure that that will be one of the "tall tales" I tell my son when he grows up :)

And yes, there is at least one Timmy's on every block in Hamilton. (Insert smelly joke here)

Vuarra

Vuarra