Canadian Tire= What Is It?

I hear alot about Canadian Tire in this newsgroup. What is it ? A combo Auto Part Store / Service Center or just a Tire Store?
Just wondering
========Harryface
======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~278, 469 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Add pictures here
βœ–
Harry Face wrote:

www.canadiantire.ca
and
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q Κnadian+Tire&btnG=Google+Search
or
http://tinyurl.com/2865s
Google is your friend. <grins>
Add pictures here
βœ–
It's pretty much a department store with a large auto parts department and service center. My first bike came from Canadian Tire, as did my first fishing rod, tent, TV, and set of tires.
Almost everytime I go there for parts, they give me the wrong ones. Sometimes I think a bunch of trained monkeys could do just as good a job at the parts counter.
Jay S

Add pictures here
βœ–

It's like a RadioShack for the car and home, Sports ware etc...
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 21:26:19 -0500 (CDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

there, they will rip you off, and sell you shitty parts, shitty as in bad quality
Add pictures here
βœ–
I don't want to buy car parts in the same store that they sell hockey equipment, eh!

Add pictures here
βœ–
Crappy Tire? Its not all that bad. You just have to know the right one to go to. It is the largest automotive hard parts retailer in Canada. Granted their are some really dumb people working there but the same can be said for any retail chain. I much prefer them over say WalMart or Sears.
Just my 2 cents.
Shane. 1988 Olds T.S.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Ahh so its pretty much the ultimate guy store.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 21:26:19 -0500 (CDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

Pretty bad when us Canadians dislike the store

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 07:02:11 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@2.ca wrote:

But we all go to it for one thng or another.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Wooly wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
(Harry

Add pictures here
βœ–
"Joe" wrote

No, that's across the parking lot. You know, where all the cop cars are parked.
Ian
Add pictures here
βœ–

That's actually true of the Canadian Tire in my town (and probably many more) There IS a Tim Horton's across the parking lot!!
Jay S
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 06:35:40 GMT, "Jay S"

Believe it or not, there is a Tim Horton's in the Canadian Tire store at The Centre Mall location in Hamilton, Ontario. They don't bake anything there as far as I know, just coffee, and they ship the donuts in.
Add pictures here
βœ–

All baking for TH is done by a subsidiary baking firm, much in the way Wendy's, TH owner, has their own baking firm for their needs..
Buy more TH stuff, I need those WEN dividend checks!!!
Wir welle bleiwe wat mir sin (Letzebuergesch)
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 06:35:40 GMT, "Jay S"

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 03:04:47 GMT, Brad Clarke

What is worse is that at the flagship store on Ottawa Street in Hamilton.... they got rid of the counter service :(
I'm sure that that will be one of the "tall tales" I tell my son when he grows up :)
And yes, there is at least one Timmy's on every block in Hamilton. (Insert smelly joke here)
Vuarra
βœ–
"Jay S" wrote

We just got the first Krispy Kreme doughnut shop in Calgary. I managed to grab one from the body shop. Ahhhh....not bad....I'll have to try one fresh and hot.
Ian
Add pictures here
βœ–