cant find 2.2 leak source

91 cavalier is leaking a cup full of coolant after each run. its clear green and runs out the hole in the angled brace on the passenger side under the oil filter,how screwed am I?
I wanted to find the source before taking it in but its obscured and there is no trace of coolant on top where I can see thank you in advance
There is a freeze plug in that area, coolant will track. Where you see the coolant, there are no water jackets at that part of the block.
Luddite wrote:

I would bet its the water pump. Not too big of a fix, and fairly cheap. I have put a couple in, and they are relatively easy. tad

I had another look today and the bottom of water pump pulley has coolant on it,are there any tubes or hoses around it? I saw another post that mentioned a bypass in that area..

I had a 90 Cavalier with this engine. A great little engine with one annoying flaw, a tendency for blowing head gaskets. Mine went at 72,000 miles. In the weeks prior it acted something like this.
My 94 cavilier went 179K before it's head gasket went.
--
Mark