cant find 2.2 leak source

91 cavalier is leaking a cup full of coolant after each run. its clear green and runs out the hole in the angled brace on the passenger side under the oil filter,how screwed am I? I wanted to find the source before taking it in but its obscured and there is no trace of coolant on top where I can see thank you in advance
Reply to
Luddite

There is a freeze plug in that area, coolant will track. Where you see the coolant, there are no water jackets at that part of the block.

Luddite wrote:

Reply to
n9szi

I would bet its the water pump. Not too big of a fix, and fairly cheap. I have put a couple in, and they are relatively easy. tad

Reply to
ottertailfamily

I had a 90 Cavalier with this engine. A great little engine with one annoying flaw, a tendency for blowing head gaskets. Mine went at 72,000 miles. In the weeks prior it acted something like this.

Reply to
Sideshow Bob

My 94 cavilier went 179K before it's head gasket went.

Reply to
Mark

I had another look today and the bottom of water pump pulley has coolant on it,are there any tubes or hoses around it? I saw another post that mentioned a bypass in that area..

Reply to
Luddite