Cant wait to see faces of SUV drivers...

Page 3 of 8
On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:11:39 -0500, GTA donned fireproof underwear and scratched on the wall:

LOL!
Actually I don't have an SUV right now - I have a Saturn Vue and a minivan.
Just keep in mind, not all SUV's a gargantuan. I used to have a rather smallish Jimmy. Oh, and it got 20-22 on the 4.3L engine. :)
--
kai - www.perfectreign.com

kai@yoda:~> format a:
On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 08:59:25 -0800, Perfect Reign

actually a stock harley isn't that loud... it's the aftermarket pipes that make them loud as hell.
-Bret

minutes until your ears bleed.
Obviously you haven't driven a Harley in the past ten years. Harleys hold their value and even APPRECIATE over time. The rice bikes drop in value almost over night. the average five year Harley is worth nearly as much as when it was new, on the other hand a five year old old Jap bike can be had for a song. My sons and I switched to Harleys, after a dozen or so Jap bikes, for that reason.. Guess what we discovered? The new Harleys are as good or better than ANYTHING from across the pond ;)
mike hunt
Some ga wrote:

Your brain washed, I rode Harley for 30 years before I wised up. It's not about the resale, it's about getting there with out working on it.
Brian

30 years ago Harley was owned by AMF who almost bankrupted the company because they were building junk. Harleys are back on top, why do you think all the japanese companies now have Harley clones?

They look like em, but run better. The 45 degree push rod operated motor is 40 years behind motorcycle technologies. Hell my lawn mower has an over-head camshaft.
I could care less what your ride or drive, but they are what they are. Ancient technology.

I though I just did,,,,,
Brian

of the lbs being plastic.

Like I said you haven't driven a Harley in the past ten years. The Harleys you drove are not the Harley of today. They get there just a well as anything from across the pond and loose less value in the process.
mike hunt
el Diablo wrote:

I just sold a 1993 Softtail custom last year. I bought it new in 1993.
Brian
That's what I thought. You haven't driven a new Harley in the past ten years. 1993 was twelve years ago. ;)
mike hunt
el Diablo wrote:

Oh that's right they did come out with the Twin Cam 88 inch that has camshaft hardness problems, and let's not forget the cam bearing failures. I just don't know what I'm missing do I?
Brian

my car. It has a V6 that gets mid 20's city and mid 30's highway. I don't buy any of those expensive beverages either and I have no bad addictions (like cigarettes, alcohol, etc.) to support so I have more money to spend on the things I really enjoy doing (like driving my BIG SUV, which gets 20 mpg highway). It all comes down to what your priorities are.
Essb wrote:

paid cash" for your vehicles, you have either driven junkers all your life or you have been dealing drugs since age 16. Otherwise, you are lying. I daresay that no-one but someone born into wealth can say "I have always paid cash for my vehicles". It doesn't take a genius to drive a junker and an old Harley. You've verified that even a fool can do it! ;-)
Sigumund,
I have always paid CASH $$$$ for my cars and I wasn't born into wealth nor do I deal drugs.
73 Impala $1500 in 1980 68 LeSabre $600 in 1983 78 88 $1995 in 1986 91 Bonneville $17,300 in 91 89 Z- 24 $7995 in 1996
000,006 - Feb 4,1991 100,000 - Sept. 4, 1995 200,000 - June 19, 2001 1/4 Milllion - Jan 16, 2003 300,000 - March 3, 2005

A fair percentage of people do. Sigmund doesn't know what he's talking about. After the 1st car is paid off, if you keep making the car payments to yourself as savings, then in 3-4 years after that, you've got the cash to pay cash for the next car. From then on there is no need for a car loan.
James C. Reeves wrote:

very, very tiny percentage do it all the time, unless they are buying used or are from wealth. The issue that I was challenging was whether or not Essb has always paid cash for every car he has ever purchased. And I say he's full of poop!
Even better to do so in TWO years rather than four. I run two vehicles a sporty V8 convertible and a V8 luxury car. I buy one every year and replace the one that is two years old. The only monetary expenses incurred on my vehicles between purchases is for fuel, three oil changes, and one annual inspection. On the luxury model even those are free. ;)
mike hunt