Car actually dies twice after 13 years O' running swell.

I get brought cars like that. I hate it. A contract customer is bringing me a 1995 Berretta after I finsh the current car they have at the shop. The Berretta has no engine in it. It is a 3.1/3100 (Gen 3 heads) car. Someone else attempted to rebuild the engine. Known missing items: Intake parts, torque conveter, bellhousing bolts, all mount bolts.

One I get a good running engine for the car, Im going to be making trip after trip out back to swipe bolts from a parts car, or to salvage yards to get the missing items. It's going to cost them an extra $250. Yet they know when Im done it will look, be installed, and opperate like it's supposed to. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Charles.

I'm kinda lucky here.

The Chevy dealer a buddy works at has tech tools for old cars. Also one of the goodwrenches will work off the clock on cars. He hooked up the Tech II Scan tool for nothing in April. Last year he installed a new fuel pump, two fuel lines, and sending unit at the dealer on a Saturday I gave him $50.00

A short update, prior to leaving for my trip The digital voltmeter revealed 10.6 volts going to the cam sensor wire harness, the required

8- 10 volts were present at the BC 5 terminal of the ECM. I figure I'd have the goodwrench check the Ignition module.

But..... after removing the lower dash trim to access the ECM, the foam backing was soaked with antifreeze only to discover the original heater core is no more. A new one is on order.

First I fix the heater core.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~280,596 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face