Car fuses that light up when blown.

I found the best thing in years. They're fuses that light up when they blow. That way you can see right away which one is bad. I found them at http://www.smelectronics.com/AFU car fuses.htm They aren't
any more expensive than regular fuses. I got both the ATO and mini ATO fuses.
I hate to tell you that there is one thing out there that is better than these. Fuse breakers. Instead of blowing the fuse, they trip like a breaker. All you have to do to fix them is push them back in, not replace them. Sorry.
FBodyFreak wrote:

They used to have those resettable circuit breakers on TV sets. Problem was, when one 'popped', the set owner would push the button back in, again & again, until the protected circuit was fried, or a fire started. I imagine the same thing could/would happen on a car. Manually resettable circuit breakers DO make sense on something like the fuel pump inertia switch, but there are only a very few "idiot-proof" apps for that type of protection on a motor vehicle.

Anyone who thinks they have made something "Foolproof" has greatly underestimated the ingenuity of Fools!
WCV www.westcoastvintage.com Over 10,000 Vintage Car and Pin-up T-shirts.
The fuses blow because of an overload. So I think the lit ones are nice, but make sure you fix the problem. I did the same kind of thing on my '84 riviera convertable years ago as the power seat and mirror fuse use to blow periodically. Jumped the fuse with a high current light bulb. One day when I closed the drivers door, the bulb lit up (brightly). Found a pinched wire inside the drivers door, cut by the sharp metal stamping.

These could be a good idea. I wish you had them in an assorted pack.