Car runs good when i can get it started

I have a 92 saturn that has been having problens starting for days at a time. I can hear the fuel pump run when i turn the key and when i had someone else crank it i think i can hear spark which is leading me
to believe it isnt getting fuel. I think the filter might be clogged but i just moved and my tools are 200 miles away so i cant really check. Could a clogged filter cause the car to run but have problens starting?
I believe that car is throttle body. To check fuel take plenum off so you can see the jet. Shine a bright light in as you have someone crank. You should see a cone of fuel. To check spark pull a plug and hold against the engine while cranking. You should see a bright white spark jump across the plug. Don't know what you think you are hearing that you think is spark but it just aint possible.....

but
Yes, it's possible. It would also explain why it's hard to start. H