car tape player

hi all i have 89 pontiac ,when i put a tape in all i get is static what should i do to fix this thanx

buy a new stereo at www.bought4less.com
yours is worn out.
: hi all : i have 89 pontiac ,when i put a tape in all i get is static : what should i do to fix this : thanx : :
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

The last thing he's want to do is buy something from there!
leonard bailey wrote:

Find you a local electronics shop that specializes in car stereos and get it fixed. I fix them, but i am in nebraska.
BOB
Hey Bob...
what are you doing about fixing the new Class Two data bus radio's that GM is putting out?
I own a repair shop also in Maryland. We have had only limited success with the Class two's.
adam

Hey Bob....
You are correct about the radio recording the VIN number. At start up it compares the VIN in memory with the BCM's VIN and if the two don't match then the radio powers off.
We are a non authorized repair facility also, but have some smart techs, the radio manufacturers are doing their best to get us out of the business, eh?
Sucks.