carb problems

Hello, Ok In a nutshell i have a fairly high performance 383 stroker (505 HP) and this winter i pulled apart te motor and replaced all of the gaskets, I only drive it about 500 miles per year and have not
really had to fix anything for the last 10 years. I put it back together and went for a test drive, the truck started sputtering and the stalled. I got it in the garage luckily and from that point foward it would not start, When I crank it over the carb (then a holley 750) started shoting fuel out of the overflow vents, I adjusted what I could and replaced the needles. This didnt fix the problem, I then changed the fuel pump to t a 5-7 psi 110gph, similar to what it had before. Still not the problem. I the replaced the carb with a new deamon 750 cfm and was sure that this was the problem but to my suprise on the first crank fuel came out the overflow tubes. So now im compleatly lost as to why im having this problem, Is there something im forgetting, or something ive may have screwed up putting the motor back together.Im truley at a loss right now and dont want to burn my house down, I shuld add that the fuel comes out of the overflow tubes about 3 inches high when i try and crank it over. Thanks, chris
Maybe a blocked return. Are using a manual pump? bad float or needs setting unlikely with brand new one also. The pickup & return lines wouldn't be swapped would they? The return is smaller.

shooting 3 inchs out of vent tubes??.....never seen that but sounds like you have so much unregulated fuel pressure its pushing needle valve open no matter what float thinks about it..........kjun.