Cash For Clunkers' Top-sellers, Top-Trade-ins

Cash For Clunkers' Top-sellers, Top-Trade-ins http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/26/cash-for-clunkers-topsell_n_269700.html
Auto dealers reported 690,114 sales under the federal government's $3
billion Cash for Clunkers rebate program, according to final data released Wednesday by the Department of Transportation. The total value of the rebates claimed by dealers totalled $2.88 billion.
The following is a list of the top-selling vehicles under the program, the most popular trade-ins, the share of sales for automakers and the top-selling states.
TOP SELLERS
1. Toyota Corolla
2. Honda Civic
3. Toyota Camry
4. Ford Focus front-wheel drive
5. Hyundai Elantra Story continues below
6. Nissan Versa
7. Toyota Prius
8. Honda Accord
9. Honda Fit
10. Ford Escape front-wheel drive
TOP TRADE-INS
1. Ford Explorer four-wheel drive
2. Ford F-150 Pickup two-wheel drive
3. Jeep Grand Cherokee four-wheel drive
4. Ford Explorer two-wheel drive
5. Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan two-wheel drive
6. Jeep Cherokee four-wheel drive
7. Chevrolet Blazer four-wheel drive
8. Chevrolet C1500 pickup two-wheel drive
9. Ford F-150 pickup four-wheel drive
10. Ford Windstar front-wheel drive van
TOP MANUFACTURERS OF NEW VEHICLES SOLD
1. Toyota, 19.4 percent of Cash for Clunkers sales
2. General Motors, 17.6 percent
3. Ford, 14.4 percent
4. Honda, 13 percent
5. Nissan, 8.7 percent
TOP STATES FOR SALES
1. California
2. Texas
3. New York
4. Florida
5. Illinois
--
Civis Romanus Sum

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 17:01:49 -0400, Jim Higgins wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/26/cash-for-clunkers-topsell_n_269700.html
What will be the top states for repo's when people who have no business getting into a new car loan can't make their payments?

Uncle Obama will bail them out, at our cost of course And GM is certainly running out of money again.

Maybe, but I see you're still flush with bullshit.
Here, Chrysler dealership sold four cars under this genius plan.This is normally a very high throughput dealership.
The Chevrolet dealership didnt sell any...they only stocked redneck cadillacs and Corvettes, which didnt qualify for the sale.

How is a Corvette or a Caddillac a redneck car?

A redneck cadillac or cowboy cadillac is just a name they use for pickup trucks, 80. This is very much redneck country. The Chevy dealer didnt have anything that would qualify for the manditory 24+ mpg figures that were required to cash in a clunker.
I have yet to visit with the Ford dealership owners, so dont know what they did.

I've never heard that term, my bad.