Cat Conv & Oxy Sensor Stolen

A friend e-mailed me yesterday to say his daughters catalytic converter was cut out of her exhaust system and the oxygen sensor was also stolen from her 1995 Buick Regal. It was parked somewhere in the Chicago area.
It cost a little over $400 to repair.
Is the oxygen sensor accesible from underneath the vehicle ?
harryface
If this is an obd1 car it is up the pipe close to the manifold, obd11 has one in front and behind the cat.

-

wow, that's not good. somebody steal a catalitic covnerter from a car. that's not good at all.
there seems to be alot of cat converter thefts nowadays. My local police blotter last week had 4 seperate articles about converters being stolen. The platinum dust inside is worth a pretty penny if u have enough of them. My local scrap yard gives me $35 bucks a piece if they're in good shape. If i was sixteen again, i'd probably be out stealin em myself! Lol