Cavailer Power Steering Pump Replacment

Greetings,
I am trying to replace the power steering pump on my 1998 2.2 L Chevrolet Cavalier. I have successfully release the tension and removed the V-belt. I
have also successfully removed all of the bolts and lines (high pressure and return line from the old/existing power steering pump assembly.
The problem is that now I cannot get the old/existing power steering pump out the engine compartment due to bracketry, wires, and lines. So the questions is what has to be removed in order to properly perform the extraction of the old/existing power steering pump.
My fear is that the large casted bracket (which looks like an engine mount) needs to be removed and I am not exactly sure what is the best procedure for doing this without causing any damage.
Any response would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
G Wasmer Rochester, NY snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com
Well, without knowing squat about '98 Cavaliers - altho I have owned Chevy's all my life - the generic procedure for removing engine mounts is to put a block of wood (2X4 works nicely) under the oil pan, put a jack under the wood, then raise carefully until the weight is off of the engine mount. Not a big deal; my 20-yo stepdaughter did it on her car.
-= Larry A.

Larry A. wrote:

I have doubts as to whether current oil pans are able to sustain the load like the old days. Some are plastic and some are cast aluminum too. I know it's tempting to use the oil pan, but in some cases I would not. Larry, maybe your stepdaughter could come over and give the guy a hand.
Mmm, good point, Al!
Actually, once when I was out of town, my son called me relating a problem his friend (and her boyfriend) was having with his car. (He is NOT a hands-on type.) I said, "Hell, have him take it by the house - your sister can fix that for him."
She is very independent and likes to be able to do things for herself.