Cavalier 93 V6/3.1 dies 172000KM

Hi everybody.

I have my car for over 4 years. It worked perfect and never had a problem until today. I parked the car yesterday after short run and today morning I turned the key on, but it didn't start. The starter works file and I have ignition on sparks. The problem is mostly related to fuel. I also checked all fuses. when I turn the key I don't hear the fuel pump sound. I also opened the fuel filter near the fuel tank and started. No fuel jump out. The tank in full. For passing the air care test I added a strong fule system cleaner that my brother believe may have affect on fuel pump not sure. What do you think? Does fuel pump suddenly die? Is it enough evidence for purchasing expensive fuel pump assembly. Any help or suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks, Hassan Vancouver, Canada

Reply to
hassan

If you have a set of prints for the wiring, check to see if the fuel pump is getting any power. On my nephew's s-10, it was much easier. All I had to do is splice the wiring harness under the truck where his dogs had chewed it in half.

In the Toyota 4runners, there is a relay module mounted under the fuse box that had become unplugged on a friend's truck. It happened to be where you could kick it with your left foot as you get in and out of the vehicle.

The last thought I have is the collision safety switch. It could be that it has gotten corroded or for some reason it has tripped. Your owner's manual should show you where that is on the vehicle.

Bill

Reply to
William Dryden

It sounds like a fuel pump, but first you should put a volt meter on the grey wire going into the fuel pump and look for 12V. If you're getting 12V on the grey wire (ignition on), then it's the fuel pump. If you don't have

12V on the grey wire when you turn the ignition on then you need to back track through the wiring diagram to troubleshoot.
Reply to
Mike Marlow

Thanks for your replies. My problem is I don't have access to fuel pump wiring. I went under the car, there was no wire near the thank, just two set of wire went to each tire break system. I opened fuse box and checked both side of fuel pump fuse. there was 12 volt. I also opened the back sets for possible access to fuel pump wiring or at least see something related, no success. Does anybody know how can I access the fuel pump and how the find the safety switch and check it

hassan wrote:

Reply to
hassan