Cavalier crankshaft sensor

Have a 95 Chevy Cavalier that has been giving me problems.
Car will hesitate in most any gear, sometimes to the point of shutting off entirely and coasting to a stop. Once it has stalled out, it is
very hard to get it going again, though I notice if I let it sit a while I seem to be more successful. Sometimes the thing will stall out at a stop sign. Sometimes the check engine light comes on.
So, I took it over to Advanced Auto and had them scan it. Came back with a Crankshaft Sensor error.
So, where is this crankshaft sensor? Couldn't find it in either the Haynes or Chiltons.
Also, what expactly is this error telling me? That the sensor is bad, or that the problem lies in this general area?
Brian
What engine, what code???

-
2.2.
The trouble code is 19; crankshaft snesor circuit.
Brian
Can't just replace it, the circuit from the sensor to the ICM must be checked first. You will need a diagnostic trouble tree to trace this down, some high line scanners have a trouble shooter with this info or a subscription to an info service such as Alldata.

-
Thanks.
Most people who post here must be !! Correct , allot of trolls very adolescent this just destroys useful News Groups.
Rey