Cavalier -> Fiero engine/trans. compatiblity

Will a 1999 Cavalier engine (2.2L) bolt up to a 1984 Fiero transmission (2.5L; manual).
Scott
-- Has Western Civilization become "too civilized" to
defend itself from extinction?

I dont know, but even though the 2.5 litre Iron Puke is a piece of shit, I dont think the 2.2 would be a heck of a lot better, and maybe worse
The 2.2 is a gutless piece of metal, low mileage.
The 2.5 ran rough, cracked the block, etc. If you are going to swap, you might look for a better engine.
snipped-for-privacy@mw.net wrote:

What about motor mounts? Can the 2.2 even go in the hole without some serious fabricating? How do you interface the dash/PCM to the 2.2?
If you're swapping motors in a Fiero, I'd recommend one of the following: 2.8/3.1/3.4 - they came with these motors in the GT versions. small block Chevy - swap kits are available. Northstar - swap kits are available. 3.8 V6 - swap kits are available.
if I had my old Fiero back and was doing an engine swap, I'd see about a Gen III/IV (LS1/LS2) going in there. That would be cool.
Ray
snipped-for-privacy@mw.net wrote:

http://members.shaw.ca/betterthanyoutoo/bellhousing/gm_bellhousing_bolt_patterns.htm
bob

Thank you.
Scott
-- Has Western Civilization become "too civilized" to defend itself from extinction?

http://members.shaw.ca/betterthanyoutoo/bellhousing/gm_bellhousing_bolt_patterns.htm
That is great information. Thanks for posting it.
I think my choice, if I were going to do this, might be to go with the 2.8 litre engine.