cavalier leaking water

I have a 99 Cavalier with a very slow leak of water. I first thought it was washer fluid but I traced it to a small black tank near the washer fluid tank. After searching the internet I found it is the lower part of the air
intake assembly. The tank is part of a larger part called the air inlet duct. My question is why would there be water leaking from this? Is it normal? Is it causing harm so it should be replaced?
Thanks.

was
air
Yeah thats part of the air intake inaffectionatly called "the bong", its just another resonator part of the air box, the water would be from anything that got splashed up into the air inlet, and its just draining out of the bottom like its suppose to.
I suppose you could remove the assembly, since it links up with the air filter box in the corner where the battery and fuse box is, might make the engine a little more noisy, but supposidly has some HP gains, expecially with a K&N filter.