Cd Changer

I have a CD changer in a 2000 Buick. When I try to use it I get an E-34 message on the radio. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks,
Lou
Did it used to work before and now doesn't, or did you just find one to put in and this is how life is starting?

It used to work fine but one day it failed. The radio just shows the error number then goes back to playing the radio.
Lou

If it were me, I would look at it like this:
It's an electronic and mechanical device. Odds are the electronic part of it is fine, but that it instead has a mechanical hangup. I would remove it from the vehicle. Take it apart and look for some kind of mechanical issue that can be easily remedied. Might need a bench test power supply to play with things. Barring that, I would look for a reasobale replacement on Ebay. There are aftermarket, but they are not always bolt in / plug in. Often needing different mounting and special translating adapeters to allow the headunit to control the unit.

I have a CD changer in a 2000 Buick. When I try to use it I get an E-34 message on the radio. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks, Lou ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Hi LouHere is a Cut & Paste from a web site I found using "Google Search" showingwhat all the error Message's mean for GM CD Changer'sas well for other GM RadiosHere is the URL for the web page as wellhttp://www.automotivehelper.com/topic183427.htmCheersRobCD Changer ErrorsE30 : Focus Error Cause(s): The CD player cannot focus on the disc or thereis an internal focus problem. Correction(s): Try cleaning the disc or usinga new disc. Make sure the disc is loaded correctly. The road could be toorough or there is too much humidity. If there is still an error, service theunit at an ACDelco Service Center.E31 : Tracking Error Cause(s): There is a problem with reading the disc.Correction(s): Try cleaning the disc or try using a new disc. Make sure thedisc is loaded correctly. The road could be too rough or there is too muchhumidity. If there is still an error, service the unit at an ACDelcoService Center.E32 : Motor Error Cause(s): The CD motor is not handling the compact discproperly or defective magazine mounting screws are interfering with themechanism. Correction(s): Reload the magazine. If there is still a problem,replace the magazine. If the problem continues, back out the mountingscrews. If the condition is corrected, replace the screws with shorterscrews or add washers to the existing screws. If this condition stillexists, service the unit at an ACDelco Service Center.E33 : CD Changer Communication Error Cause(s): There is a vehicle/radiocommunication problem or internal radio communication problem.Correction(s): Disconnect battery voltage to the radio and then reconnectafter a few minutes. If there is still an error, determine if the problem iswith the radio, the harness or the changer. Inspect for correct voltage atall connectors. If there is still an error, service the unit at an ACDelcoService Center.E34 : Changer Door OpenE35 : Changer Magazine Empty

Wow what a mess that turned out to be...lol Cut & Paste from a web site I found using "Google Search" showing what all the error Message's mean for GM CD Changer's as well for other GM Radios....Here is the web page for you Lou Cheers Rob
http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic183427.htm
WOW! Thanks for the info. I never thought something like this could be successfully googled.
Lou