cd player in 99 minivan

I have a 1999 olds w/ a cd player it does not like home made cd's it will play IBM home made ones but not any other ones that I have does any one have
a suggestions
What other kinds of CDs have you tried? Discs that use a cyanine dye (Taiyo Yuden-made ones, like Fujifilm discs), or azo dye (Verbatim DataLifePlus) often work better in picky players.
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Umm, use IBM ones?
can't get them any more
!!!!

The factory CD player in my 95 Olds only seems to like the older, dark blue Verbatim DataLifePlus CDRs. The newer, lighter colored SuperAZO or Imations won't track or even play. Store bought CD's play just fine, however.
I've stocked up on the older dark blue Verbatim's from eBay; might try to find some of the FujiFilm CD's as another poster suggested and see how they work. Or if you want to spend some money, the retro looking Digital Vinyl CDRs from Verbatim use the original blue AZO layer.
Bob.