CEL

I am not happy, the 2002 monte CEL just came on. My 1994 hond has never had the CEL come on, yet. That just sucks. So it off to the shop agian for the 2002 monte, gonna be the 6th time in less than 2 years what next...

Reply to
Ript

Is your gas cap tight. A very common item that sets the CEL Without knowing the code that set the CEL it could be anything. Your 94 Honda computer doesn't check much of anything and could be spewing out all kinds of toxins without any one knowing unless you are in an area with mandatory EPA checks. The 2002 is OBDII and monitors all EPA mandated items very tightly so yes you will see the CEL light a lot more in today's cars. It is like having an EPA check every time you use the car....

Reply to
Woody

"Woody" wrote in news:Hn5Df.28473$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

i like fords new idea on gas cap codes. a seperate lite that tells you to check cap...that will save MANY a trip to the dealer............

Reply to
KjunRaven

New Chevys do that as well.

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Just about all car lines have switched to that but it still won't stop service calls paranoia being what it is.....

Reply to
Woody