Change Oil Soon on 99 Regal

I have a 99 Regal LS and I've had it for about 14 months. I have been changing the oil currently on the 3000mi/3mo plan. I was just wondering if anybody here with the same model or similar model have relied on the Change Oil Soon indicator to come on, and then change your oil?

It's supposed to computer monitor the miles traveled and even the engine RPM's to determine more precisely when the oil needs to be changed. Has anyone done this? Does it go too long and then you're engine's messed up, or does it work?

Thanks!

Reply to
Michael Sovitzky

Change it based on your mileage and type of driving, not the computer. Don't forget to reset the computer after you change the oil.

****************************************** I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Reply to
Rich B

In addition to the oil change, attach this from

it'll definitely protect your car.

Reply to
Sean