Changing Battery in a 2000 Cavalier

Was wondering if anyboby changed there battery in a 2000 cavalier...will it deploy the air bags?

No way it would deploy air bags at all, changing battery would be really the same as just killing the battery down to nothing by leaving the lights on.

"cds" wrote: > No way it would deploy air bags at all, changing battery would > be really the > same as just killing the battery down to nothing by leaving > the lights on. > > >
> > > Was wondering if anyboby changed there battery in a 2000 > cavalier...will > > it > > deploy the air bags? > > > >
why in the world would it do that?....air bags only open because of impact, not because of the battery.... tashamonster
I read somewhere (quite a few) that it some cases it does deploy them.

http://www.autoforumz.com/GM-Changing-Battery-2000-Cavalier-ftopict107458.html
http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pP1540
Changed mine on my 2000 cavalier about 3 months ago with no problems
Mike

request
http://www.autoforumz.com/GM-Changing-Battery-2000-Cavalier-ftopict107458 . html

Possibly what you read was when working on the air bag to first disconnect the battery. Failure to do this may deploy the air bag.
Brian