changing centrifical advance

I have a HEI distributor with centrifical advance and the shaft is worn. I have another with electronic spark advance and the shaft is good. Can I press the centrifical advance off the worn shaft and press it on the shaft that isn't worn? L.D.

Reply to
L.D.

You would be better off buying a new shaft from the dealer. A rebuilt distributor is also a possibility

Reply to
451 CTDS