Charging Battery - 2 AMP Trickle Charger??

I'm charging the battery on my uncles car. Its been sitting since December 30th. He died January 10th. Anyway, I couldn't find his battery charger. The Sears Charger my dad had that we've used since the 50's has
a very bad case of the rubber on the power cord turning to dust when its moved or picked up or handled. So basically the power cord is all bare wire. LOL - I guess I got some rewiring to do this week.
Anywho, I've got my measley 2 AMP Trickle Charger hooked up to uncles 91 Caddy. Will it be charged enough to start the car say at 2 pm Monday. Hooked it up 4:30 pm Sunday?
Chow.
000,006 - Feb 4,1991 100,000 - Sept. 4, 1995 200,000 - June 19, 2001 1/4 Milllion - Jan 16, 2003 300,000 - March 3, 2005
Harry if that charger can really put out 2 amps then it should have a good charge if it is a good battery.
I'm charging the battery on my uncles car. Its been sitting since December 30th. He died January 10th. Anyway, I couldn't find his battery charger. The Sears Charger my dad had that we've used since the 50's has a very bad case of the rubber on the power cord turning to dust when its moved or picked up or handled. So basically the power cord is all bare wire. LOL - I guess I got some rewiring to do this week.
Anywho, I've got my measley 2 AMP Trickle Charger hooked up to uncles 91 Caddy. Will it be charged enough to start the car say at 2 pm Monday. Hooked it up 4:30 pm Sunday?
Chow.
000,006 - Feb 4,1991 100,000 - Sept. 4, 1995 200,000 - June 19, 2001 1/4 Milllion - Jan 16, 2003 300,000 - March 3, 2005
Harry Face wrote:

It should - assuming all else is ok.
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 00:07:52 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

If the battery is good it should be enough. I think we have the same Sears charger. Mine has 6 and 12 volts. Also had to rewire it. Just make a note of the (+) and (-) connections before you cut off the old ones. FWIW YMMV DFB
"When a legislature undertakes to proscribe the exercise of a citizen's constitutional rights it acts lawlessly and the citizen can take matters into his own hands and proceed on the basis that such a law is no law at all." - Justice William O. Douglas
Well my uncles car started up fine. Made a slight missfire sound for about 2-3 minutes then it idled just fine. Let it run 30 minutes. Its been sitting since Dec 28th.
Actually it was a 1.5 amp trickle charger. I found his trickle charger under the motorcycle. I hooked his tc on the car & took mine home.