Cheap Repair Manuals versus cheap CDs...

I'm guessing the CD has more info than the books. BUT I think someone is supplying VERY extensive repair material online, and it is probably pricey! Sure looks good if thats what it was I saw.

any comments?

Reply to
Black Powder Joe

I have enjoyed using Mitchell On Demand--a comprehensive computer-based auto repair program, similar to AllData I feel sure. In my opinion, single manuals such as Chilton's or Haynes or Motor Repair merely scratch the surface in comparison. 'Tis esp. helpful in the wiring diagrams provided. As in many areas, probably no single program provides all one may need. But such a program does make a respectable effort. My 2 cents' worth! s

Reply to
sdlomi2

You can throw the book up on the fender of your car and read it. If it falls off, it gets dirty. The you put it back on the fender. If your laptop falls off, you throw it away and buy a new one. Carb cleaner is easier on books than laptops. Books are easier to read in sunlight and bright lights - you don't want to repair your car in dim light.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Well with Helm the content is the same. The CD is easier to use though since you can search easier and it does give better pictures that can be enlarged.

Reply to
Steve W.

Hook a printer up to that laptop. Just imagine the possibilities. {But a fender doesn't have enough room for a laptop *and* a printer!}

Fake ID

"=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=" wrote in news:430BD526.4A2557F2 @houston.rr.com:

it.

fender.