chev volt argument

in the 1900s it was said the car would never replace the horse the car wasnt for everyone then as the volt is not for everyone now. You have to start somewhere!!!!!
i dont have use for a suv so i dont buy one i dont have use for a pickup so i dont buy one
at some point i my have a use for a volt and i would buy one.
so if you dont like forget about it or is it just to post on a newsgroup to complain about it even if you dont know anything about it????

At some future time electric cars may be practical. That time is not here yet. If you want one, buy one. The only way to justify such a vehicle right now is "I want one". If you look at the cost up charge and potential fuel savings, no way can you justify it. If you want to be different and part of new technology, go for it.
OTOH, many cars on the road are not able to be justified fiscally, but they are fun toys.
The only good argument against the Volt is that some of the cost is subsidized by taxpayer money.
Den torsdagen den 8:e november 2012 kl. 03:27:17 UTC skrev Ed Pawlowski:

I have been w<iting for the electrics many years.
There are many indications that the real change into EVs is taking off finally.
There are a number of cars from the big carmakers starting to appear.
BMW has announced their entry 2013 or 2014 VW has interesting models coming out. Citroen is already out of the closet with citroen/c-zero
Many more are in the process of introducing either real EVs or some sort of hybrids and also plug-ins which can be used as EVs.
Quite a lot of cities are offering incentives for EVs and many have parkingmeters with free electricity and free parking for EVs only.
Some even allow only EVs midtown.
The sales of ordinary cars have leveled off or declined so if the carmakers want to stay in business they have to play along or fail.
The build up of infrastructure is not ready but I guess it will come up fast as more and more people start to buy and drive the EVs and plug-ins.
It is a huge revolution and I am pretty sure it is already well on its way and will come fast.
The benefits are so obvious that is just a quetion of when and obviously it will be interesting to watch the how and who.
Interestingly Toyota has announced that they will not be coming out with an EV and just stick to the hybrids.
That is either a misunderstanding or a mistake.