Chevrolet k1500 idling too high

I just changed out the EGR valve, Plugs, cap rotor and air cleaner due to emissions failure. Well I passed emissions, but my truck began idling at varying rpms ranging from 650 to 1200 when in park, and shifts rough in the lower gears.

Since this problem has emerged, I have also replaced the pcv valve, EGR solenoid, associated vacuum lines, and throttle body gasket on my

95 5.7L chevy K1500.

Usually when the engine is cooler, it idles closer to normal and as it gets hot, the idle starts to range and starts to shift hard. Does anyone have any other ideas what may be the problem.

Reply to
dougpoteet

On 3/28/06 11:09 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" spewed forth this gibberish...

Check everything over carefully for a vacuum leak to start with..

Reply to
Michael Keefe

Have you considered the IAC?

Reply to