Chevrolet Malibu will start at $19,995

Chevrolet has priced its restyled, re-engineered 2008 Malibu sedan, starting at $19,995 for the base LS version. A hybrid version starts at $22,790. Both prices include shipping.

All Malibus come equipped with six airbags, four-wheel antilock disc brakes with all-speed traction control, OnStar Gen 7 safety and security system with turn-by-turn navigation, air conditioning and XM Satellite radio.

?When we debuted Malibu at the North American International Auto Show in January, we promised that its $40,000 looks would cost half as much,? said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager, in a statement. ?Well, we?ve kept our word.?

Along with the LS and Hybrid, the Malibu lineupconsists of the 1LT and

2LT trim levels and the top of the line LTZ. The 1LT base price is $20,955, the 2LT is $22,635 and the LTZ is $26,995.

The 2008 Malibus arrive in dealerships in November. The Malibu will be available with either a four-cylinder or a V-6 engine. The hybrid version also goes on sale in November. It is rated at 32 mpg highway and

24 mpg city.
Reply to
Jim Higgins