Chevy 1994 Cavalier - injectors

Anyone

I have a 94 2.2l Cavalier 200,000 miles. About 6 months ago the number 1 and 4 injector started leaking. externally .. I can smell and see the gas traces. it still runs great, just smells of gas. I have bought replacment o-ring kits and changed each one 4 times now. Cleaned the area where it seats allowed it to dry, lubed the o-rings before insertion. I even got the POP sound when they went in, but they still leak, sometimes more sometimes less.

1) Leaks different amount eachtime I change them 2) Doesn't leak for a day or two afterwards 3) Has been leaking and then stopped for awhile and then started again ???? 4) The blue o-rings fit snugly, and give a good resistance when going in. 5) The kit comes with 4 o-rings one small for the bottom, one blue for the top ..do the other 2 go anywhere .. is this what i am missing ? they are the same size as the blue one but not as thick.

I can't find instructions for this anywhere, local machanics have said it's a hit and miss sort of thing. I was going to pull a non-leaking one to look and see if I am missing anything, but I would hate to have a 3rd leaking. I can't afford to take it anywhere ... any tips ??

anyone ??

Reply to
Rich

My suggestion to you would be, if you can, completely replace those fuel injectors. They've probably just gotten old, especially after

200k. I'm almost 95% sure that if you did that, you would solve your problem. Good luck!

The Freak

Reply to
FBodyFreak