Chevy 305 in 80 Olds Cutlass?

Gentlemen:
I've thought about putting my old Nova's 305 in a Cutlass (1980). Will it fit and, if so, any special mods I will need to make?
Jack.

What motor did it come with?

307 or 350 Olds would make a nicer, easier swap.

1979 might have had the dual bolt pattern TH-350 because it was the last year of Olds starfire was manufactured. Its V8 version had Chevrolet built 305 and TH-350. This also made possible to get almost any Olds with 305 as a dealer option. At 1980 this wasn't possible anymore and it's not likely to own a 1980 Th-350 with dual pattern.
Anyway I would give an effort to replace 260 with some "nickel free" 305. If you want it light get a late model Olds 307 with roller cam and a _good_ carburetor. If you want it to grunt get an Olds 455 and machanic double pumper carb. It will fit very easily even with A/C. In the 455 case you might want to change the front coil springs to heavy duty springs too ;)
-TH (http://drive.to/oldsclub )
If you have that type of setup, you can go with

--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2 /

Very true on the 455. but be careful..you have to run STOCK valve covers or they will not clear the AC. My dad had that problem when he stuffed a 455 in a 1986 Cutlass. As far as the springs go, you can get a pair from a Cutlass Salon (or 442/Hurst Olds) with the FE-3 Sport Suspension and it should hold things up nicely. I do not remember if my dad changed the springs on his car or not...it was a V-6 from the factory