Chevy Ad Claim

Chevrolet (aka Chevy) has been running ads in my area that claim over a thousand people a day are switching to Chevrolet. I keep wondering switching from where? In a good year Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer, and SAAB probably had sales of at least 250,000 vehicles (and probably more). I think a typical selling year has around 250 selling days. So is Chevrolet essentially claiming they are getting all the Customers GM lost when they ditched all those other brands? I assume some Chevrolet Customers are switch to Chevrolet from Buick, Cadillac, and GMC. And while 1000 a day may be switching to Chevrolet, aren't some switching away? What is the net change is for GM as a whole?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Depends on the time frame. Big winners though seem to be Ford.

Probably because it is viewed as American and they didn't corruptly suck on taxpayers wallets like GM CAW/UAW did.

Reply to
Canuck57