Chevy Ad Claim

Chevrolet (aka Chevy) has been running ads in my area that claim over a thousand people a day are switching to Chevrolet. I keep wondering switching
from where? In a good year Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer, and SAAB probably had sales of at least 250,000 vehicles (and probably more). I think a typical selling year has around 250 selling days. So is Chevrolet essentially claiming they are getting all the Customers GM lost when they ditched all those other brands? I assume some Chevrolet Customers are switch to Chevrolet from Buick, Cadillac, and GMC. And while 1000 a day may be switching to Chevrolet, aren't some switching away? What is the net change is for GM as a whole?
Ed
On 19/07/2010 5:52 AM, C. E. White wrote:

Depends on the time frame. Big winners though seem to be Ford.
Probably because it is viewed as American and they didn't corruptly suck on taxpayers wallets like GM CAW/UAW did.
--

Government has liberals, idealists and lawyers, but where is the common
sense?