Chevy Aveo?

I was looking around while waiting for my POS Buick to be fixed(major smog headaches) - and saw this little microcar.
Q: Who really makes it? I swear I've seen it somewhere else under a different
badge/label.
Q2: Are there other makers that sell it as well? It kind of looks like the Ka, which may/may not be rebadged itself?
daewoo? i think is the right spelling they make it now that gm owns them as far as i know no one but the suzuki aero looks like it to me.

different

different
It's basically an updated version of the Daewoo Lanos, which was a decent little car.
Aveo--is this a name with foreign language roots, or did GM try to associate the car with birds/flying (aviation, aviary, etc.)?
It kinda looks like a sparrow to me.
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:31:08 -0700, Joseph Oberlander wrote:

--
remove 'spamsucks' from mail addy for replies.
I fart in Darl McBride's general direction.

2002 GMC Sonoma ZQ8 SLS Step-Side Extended Cab - 4.3L Vortec / 4L60E
Just a side note about GM dealerships.
I was in one of my local dealers picking up a part last month, and we got to talking about the future of "Chev/Olds" dealerships when the olds line is finally dropped. I asked what the olds substitue would be...and guess what his answer was. That's right, Daewoo!
So now instead of the timeless "Chevrolet/Oldsmobile"...it will be "Chev/Daewoo".
In my opinion it just doesn't have the same ring to it...
Shane

different
Ring? Sounds like blasphemy!
<pukes guts out>
In article <UuJNb.171807$AAe1.47110

That's interesting, since the GM purchase of assets wasn't to include the brand name or the dealerships. (for which I think there is a lawsuit brought by the former US Daewoo dealers)
Unless I'm mistaken, the Pontiac Wave is a 'Canada only' model, as is the other GM/Suzuki/Daewoo model, the Chev Optra (an updated Lanos, but also sold by Suzuki as the Forenza - which is US only......confusing?), maybe the Chev Epica as well.
The Chev Epica / Suzuki Verona is another of the offspring of the asset purchase, so I'm not sure that Suzuki has any Japanese-built models available over here now, as the Vitaras are assembled in Ingersoll Ontario by CAMI

smog
like
Right on. The Pontiac Wave is a Canadian only model.
Same as the Chevy Optra and Chevy Epica (but now we get 'em as Suzuki's too...)
Bruno Hache
Bruno Hach wrote:

What gets me is the huge price increase. The special edition model is $1000 too expensive and you get a/c and floormats in the standard edition for "only" $11,700? I can get A/C added to a Hyundai or Neon for what $700? Must be expensive floormats considering the $9455 MSRP($8935 Dealer price)
Nice little car, but no thanks - I'd take a KIA or Hyundai over a more expensive Daewoo anyday. Though, the $1000 cash back is okay. $8600-8700 out the door isn't too bad I guess.
You should see these next fall on closeout(and there will be a LOT of them still on the dealer lots - lol) for $7K, just like the little Aspires. Still, compared to a base Echo, it's just horribly overpriced.
Oh - and is it me, or is GM just missing the boat on the whole warranty thing? 3 years is the same miserable warranty that they offered 15 years ago. Or was it 20?
Most every other manufacturer has upped their warranties to 5 or 6 years. That Kia/Hyundai offers ten(though it's only 5 if the car is sold to another person(cheap bastards) is kind of amazing. Some of the cheapest cars made and yet they have the best warranty. Makes you wonder about some of the other makers.
I would agree!
| Ring? Sounds like blasphemy! |