Chevy Cobalt sedan

Any of you guys purchased a Cobalt sedan? If so, how would rate the initial build quality? Overall, are you pleased with your vehicle thus far?

The Cobalt sedan appears to compete with the Honda Civic sedan series. I'm wondering how it will stack up against the already established Civic by the year's end regarding quality, features, etc.

Thanks in advance for any feedback that you may have to offer regarding your Cobalt sedan.

Ron M.

Reply to
Ron M.

I haven't seen one on the road yet (and I live within a mile of a Chevy dealer, so surely I would see some as test drives). Are they selling?

Reply to
James C. Reeves

try a car rental place - they probably have one to rent & you can really try it out.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 19,000 mi. 91 Bonneville LE , the black table in the garage.
Reply to
Harry Face

My neighbor was showing off his Cobalt.

First impression; Looks like a KIA with an expensive price-tag.

Reply to
Anonymous

I'm also looking at one of these, Ron -

looks like a good deal to me - the Ecotec is a strong, fuel-efficient engine. The only things I am not all that crazy about (and most carmakers are building this way now) is the short decklids on these cars - the trunk may well be of a good size - but can you actually get anything of size through the opening?

I had also considered the Chevy Epica, but from what I'm reading, for an inline 6 that's basically the same displacement as the Cobalt's 4, it's only got 10 more horses, which is on the weak side for a 6 cylinder engine - and fuel economy is nothing to write home about. In addition, I had looked at an Optra - but believe it or not, the cobalt, which is bigger, gets better mileage. Also - at least in Canada - the Optra and Epica are limited to $700 in GM card points, as opposed to Cobalt's $1500.

With the deals that are > Any of you guys purchased a Cobalt sedan? If so, how would rate the initial

Reply to
bass-player

Holy shit, I'm not the only person who thinks the 4 door Cobalt looks like a big Kia Rio, thank god.

Reply to
Paradox