Chevy Corsica Turn Signal Problem

I have a 1994 Chevy Corsica with 50,000 original miles. 6 cylinders and it runs great.
I have a strange problem with the left turn signal. The left turn signal
works only 95% of the time all of a sudden.
I come to a traffic light with the blinker off and then I signal left, the blinker does not go on. I replaced the bulb because it looked like the bulb was defective. I am still having the same problem. Any ideas ?
Dave wrote:

Aren't there 4 blinking bulbs per side? Sounds like a bad bulb.
On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 04:00:59 GMT, " Paul " <"

that or a flasher. Try tossing in an electronic flasher. They seem less affected by bulbs working or not.
Check the socket for that bulb. They get corroded inside and develop intermittent problems because of it.
--
Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown NY

I installed a new thermal flasher today and the left signal is not working.
I noticed a pink plastic box in the same area under the dash with a label on it of THERMODISC.
Right next to the silver hazard flasher is a white fuse with 3 prongs, according to my manual this may control the hazard flasher, horn-relay, signal flash and seat belt-ignition key-headligh buzzer. Maybe I will buy on of these and see if this cures the problem.
If not then it would have to be the turn signal level itself.