Chevy Sprint/Geo Metro questions

A question a good customer of mine asked me that I can not answer: Are first gen & second gen Sprint/Metro's (Celtus/Swift) enhines zero-clreance?
IE: when the timing belt snaps while running, do the valves touch the pistons?
He also wanted to know if their was a stock 13 inch or 14 inch wheel that would fit on one.
Thanks, Charles
Charles Bendig wrote:

I'm not absolutely positive, Charles, but I'm fairly sure that these engines were all non-interference engines. I don't ever remember running into any with bent valves, but I could be wrong. You may want to check the Gates site, they have some listings of what engines are free wheeling and which are not. It's not completely accurate, but give it a try.
Ian

Thanks Ian. I have had supposed free wheeling engines, when grossly abused drop a valve in to a piston. One Chevette had a broken valve spring happen around the same time. The intake valve on #2 was bent at around 15 degrees, and dug in to the head. The idiot owner was well past the red line when he snapped the belt. Charles
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 22:45:34 GMT, "Charles Bendig"

I believe that the 13" stock wheels from the last gen. Swift / Metro would bolt on.
Vuarra Vuarra