Chevy supercharger/pontiac supercharger

Hi

The supercharged 05 Chevy's (Monte Carlo, Impala) are rated at

240hp/280 lbs. The pontiac supercharged engines (grand prix) is rated at 260hp/280 lbs. Is the engine, or the supercharger different, or is it the exhaust that makes the difference?
Reply to
croaker68

How real are these numbers?

Reply to
223rem

They are taken from chevrolet.com and pontiac.com

Reply to
croaker68

I know. I was wondering if these claims were independently confirmed. Many manufacturers like to inflate power and torque numbers.

Reply to
223rem

Quite true, what 223rem just said. And we've seen some even do the reverse, possibly for insurance purposes, when they DEflate those numbers. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Reply to
Terry Parker

Nope - didn't make it. Better try again.

Reply to
Mike Marlow