Chevy Venture

Thank you in advance. My wife and I bought a 2000 Chevy Venture. My dad has a jayco pop-up trailer that we want to tow behind the Venture. How can I tell if the factory installed tow package is there. On
chey's website it says the tow package does NOT come with a trailer hitch. I will have to have one of these installed. Our van does have the compressor in the back. Does this mean the tow package is installed. The way I understand it is the compressor is used to automatically raise the rear end.
Thanks again, Kent
Add pictures here
βœ–
As you said, compressor is for auto leveling (rear) to compensate for load. It does not has anything to do with towing package (although it does help a bit). I would check for transmission cooler and brake system.

Add pictures here
βœ–
Look for an unused electrical plug underneath the van in the left rear corner (in the vicinity of the auto levelling air compressor) - the plug is part of the factory towing package, for hooking up a trailer light harness.

Add pictures here
βœ–
Typically the U-vans with a trailering option will have an engine oil cooler that is between the oil filter and engine block. Radiator coolant circulates thru the cooler. This link shows a pix: http://198.208.187.182/internet/PartImage.jsp?mfgname ¬DELCO&prodlinecd=4&acpartnbr$504105 I believe the RPO is KC4. Look on the glovebox lid interior for a label with a bunch of 3 alpha-numeric codes. See if KC4 is one of them.... or look at the oil filter to see if small rubber coolant lines are going to it. Also the other poster's recommendation to have a dealer run a build sheet is good. Trailering packages generally require an upgraded suspension too. In any case if it has the engine oil cooler there's a near 100% chance it has the trailering package.

Add pictures here
βœ–
Attache trailer use chevy to pull trailer WHEN chevy spits out engine buy a FORD

Add pictures here
βœ–
D - Driver R - Returns O - On F - Foot
Enough said.

Add pictures here
βœ–
The towing package will include a transmission cooler. Look in front of the radiator or ask your mechanic. The compressor is also a separate option for inflating things. Buster

Add pictures here
βœ–
If your truck has a small radiator (transmission cooler) then you shouls have the towing package. A towing package is simply tranny cooler and slightly diff gears.
Searcher1

Add pictures here
βœ–