Chevy Venture Power Sliding Door Malfunction

I just purchased a NEW 2003 Chevy Venture LT with dual power sliding rear doors.

This vehicle has 675 miles on it now and recently began having problems with the passengers side power sliding rear door. At around 550 miles, the door would no longer open using any of the power controls (remote control, door post switch, overhead console switch) and it would was difficult to open manually (seemed to be stuck as if it was locked). The door would slide open by itself after manually being opened as it is supposed to do and would close fine as well. However, the problem seemed to keep getting worse and now the door will not open or close at all except manually with the override switch activated. The drivers side power door works fine.

I read on some other websites that GM has had power sliding door problems in the past (1997-2000).

Does anyone know if GM is having problems again with these doors again or know of other reports like this?

We contacted our dealer who will be calling us back on Monday during working hours to set up an appointment to check the problem.

Reply to
Don & Connie Clarke

Don't believe everything you read on newsgroups. One person with a problem can make it appear the whole car line is falling apart. I never had a problem with the power door on my 99 venture. It is under warranty, let them fix it.....

Reply to
BillW