Chevy Venture "Retroactive reset" trip odometer not working

I just purchased a NEW 2003 Chevy Venture LT.
This vehicle has 675 miles on it now and has a feature advertised in the owners manual as "retroactive trip reset" This is supposed to allow a person to reset either
of the two (2) trip odometers to the miles traveled since last starting the vehicle instead of resetting to zero. Good feature in case you forget to reset at the start of a trip, like I have done several times.
However, this feature has not worked since I got the vehicle. I have performed the steps the manual states and the reset goes to zero just like my 2000 Venture did.
Does anyone know if this feature has a "bug" or if it really should work as advertised?
By the way, the same vehicle has a power sliding door that has quit working already as well.
We contacted our dealer who will be calling us back on Monday during working hours to set up an appointment to check the problems.
I have never even heard of the retroactive reset... I will look that up at work tomorrow just for my sake... I can look for bulletins or pi's too... as for the slider, was the battery run down and the car junpstarted?? There is also a shutoff switch in the overhead console...By all means bring it to the dealer, but check for the shutoff switch... Bobo

From your response, I assume you are either a GM employee or a GM dealer employee?
We have only had this van for 1-1/2 weeks and we appreciate your feedback. We now have an appointment to have the dealer look at it tomorrow.
FYI, this "retroactive reset" is described in Venture 2003 owners manual on page 3-39 It is even listed as part of the Index in back of manual under "Retro-Active Reset".
As for the power door, the override switch on the overhead console was not turned off, that's the first thing I checked. And the vehicle has never been jumpstarted, at least since we have had it. We bought it new November 25th with 220 miles on it (dealer traded from Chicago to our dealer in Pekin, IL). The battery appears fine and the drivers side slider door works fine. Just the passengers side door is malfunctioning.
Until this weekend, the door worked fine. Just started working improperly on Saturday. At first, it would try to open and click like it was going to open but would only open about 1/4 inch until the lever on the outside was manually pulled. After doing that, the door would automatically slide open after moving it a few inches as it should normally do when manually opening it. The door would also properly close using the remote and other switches. Now, the door does not even try to open or close using the switches/remote. From what I can tell, there is only one fuse related to the power sliding doors and since the driver's side is still working, that must not be it. I have now switched the override button on the console off until we get it checked by the dealer.
I even went through the "Resetting the Power Sliding Door" instructions on page 2-21 and 2-22 even though none of the three conditions listed there have happened on our van (the battery appears fine and has not been disconnected and I checked all 4 fuses listed using an electrical tester and all are fine).
Again, thanks for your reply and let me know if you find out anything about the retroactive feature. Maybe it is something that did not get "flashed" into the software on our van. I hope, because the feature sounds really beneficial.
As for the door, hopefully our dealer can resolve it quickly and completely as I am not a happy camper right now after spending so much money on the added feature of power doors.

I found it in the owners manual myself,but cannot find any diagnostics or mention of it in the service manual...Weird... here it is word for word,by the way, no bulletins, or PI's for this concern. I would guess that this is a feature they never enabled, either they will enable it with a reflash, or they will send out a revised page to put in the manual that says no mention of this... you stick it on the page that mentions it..great huh???

number of miles (kilometers) driven since the ignition was last turned on. This can be used if you forget to reset your trip odometer at the beginning of a trip. To use the retro-active reset feature, press and hold the trip/reset button for at least three seconds. The trip odometer will then display the number of miles (kilometers) driven since the ignition was last turned on and you began driving. If you use the retro-active reset feature after you have started the vehicle, but before you begin moving, the display will show the number of miles (kilometers) you drove during the last ignition cycle. Once you begin driving, the trip odometer will accumulate mileage. For example, if you have driven 5.0 miles (8.0 km) since you started your vehicle, and then activate the retro-active reset feature, the display will show 5.0 miles (8.0 km). As you drive, the display will then increase to 5.1 miles (8.2 km), 5.2 miles (8.4 km), etc. Only the trip odometer that is displayed will be affected by the retro-active reset so that both trip odometers can be used separately.<<<<<<<
As for the slider, sounds like it was binding and finally set a code to disable the door... It should be a quick fix as it is new, and hopefully just out of adjustment.... Bobo
OOPS!! revised that last statement... too lazy to edit it myself.. I did find mention if the retor-active odo in the service manual... here's that too... no diagnostic for it though...Only think I can think to mention is that you have to be in either A or B trip mode to do this, not odometer display.....Good luck... as to what I am, I am just some blue collar worker at a gm dealer.. Dont have any pull anywhere to help you out on that retor-active problem... Sounds like a nice feature....

the IPC. The IPC has 2 trip odometers which can be selected by pressing the trip reset button. Pressing this button puts you in the trip mode A. Pressing this button again will put you in trip mode B. Pressing this button again will put you in Oil Life Left Index. Pressing this button again will put you in the season (total miles) mode assuming you started from the season mode. The displayed trip odometer is reset on the IPC by pressing and holding the trip reset button for 1.5 seconds. You have to be in the specific trip mode (A or B) in order to reset that specific trip odometer. Both trip odometers accumulate miles or kilometers even when they are not displayed. If the trip reset button is pressed and held for 3 seconds while in a trip mode (A or B), the display will reset to the number of miles (km) travelled since the start of the current ignition cycle<<<<<<<

Bobo:
Thanks for your input.
Regarding the retroactive trip, it was evidently a stupid user error on my part. When we got to the dealer, the thing worked fine. Just had to wait a few seconds AFTER pushing the trip reset in either A or B and then it changes from ZERO to the actual miles driven. When I saw the zero, I let go of the button assuming it worked just like my old one did. Have to hold it longer (3-5 seconds) and then it works, as you stated.
As for the slider door, it is currently a mystery. The dealer has spent all day (told us a full 8 hours) today and can not figure out why it won't work. The odd thing is they said NO codes were present. They have had the stuff apart and have checked about everything they can and it still won't work. They said they changed out several things and nothing helped. They have contacted GM Tech support and told us they would call us back tomorrow with an update. Sounds like I may have a "lemon" on my hands.
Hope not, and I will definitely make sure they document this fully so if it happens again, especially outside of warranty, they cover it, assuming they can fix it.
The good thing is they were willing to let us use another brand new Venture (loaded with DVD player) while ours is being worked on. We'll see how long that lasts, but so far is nice. Took a bit of suggestion on my part, but they did it instead of giving me their standard loaner (Lumina).
Thanks again for your help. And by the way, from your responses and help on this, I would say you are more than JUST a blue collar worker.
Thanks.