chevy venture tire sizes

car: 1999 chevy venture

currently it has tires Firestone 215-70R15

I wonder if a set of Nordic XICE 205-70R15 will fit safely on this rim as the Firestones are getting old. Thx

Reply to
Joseph

tirerack.com

Reply to
Tim

They will fit the rim but they are smaller.

205 first number is width.. 205mm wide. or 8.07" 70 second number is the tire sidewall height. It is a percentage of the width. 70% of 205mm = 143.5mm or 5.65" rim to tread. 5.65 X 2 + 15 = 26.3" tall Your original tire is 26.85" tall.

The new tire is about 1/2" shorter & 3/8" narrower than your original. The speedo will be fast by about 2%.

Reply to
Micah

Try this

JRL

I have the olds van version and if were not aware, tires make a huge difference in feel and handling. I drove a pontiac who's owner put on what appeared to be smaller & 4 for $100 type tires and the thing was horrible! Even at 35 it seemed to go all over the road. In contrast my '98 Olds has 16" michelins and for a van, it feels "sporty" and will go around turns faster than the occupants typically want to go. Don't chintz in other words.

Reply to
scott