chevy venture transmission fluid change

I am getting ready to change the transmission fluid in my 1998 Venture. The owners manual say it holds 8 quarts for a pan and filter change. If I flush it by removing the return line from the radiator, how much more fluid
can I expect to add to this 8 quarts? Is it wise to flush, or should I only change the fluid in the pan and change the filter? Thanks, Terry

If it has never been changed, I would advise dropping the fan and replacing the filter. You want to get a fresh filter on there and clean the crud from the bottom of the pan.
If you want to do the return line flush trick afterwards, plan on about 10 quarts of fluid for that operation.
Our local Costco carries Chevron Dexron IIIH fluid at under $12 per case of 12 quarts and that is a very good conventional ATF.
John