chevy venture van leaking into cabin during a heavy rain

Well, today we had a massive rain in my hometown and I was about and driving my beloved van (1999 Chevy Venture). Suddenly I see drops of water falling down from the roof in front of my eyes. I looked up and saw that it was coming from the base of the overhead console at the location closest to the windshield. Afterwards I checked the roof from teh outside and can not see any holes or other cracks on the roof. So how is it possible that the water flow into the overhead console and eventually into the cabin? Seeing that there are other chevy venture owners out there, I wonder if anyone encountered this similar problem. How can you fixit?

Reply to
Joseph

Check the bolts for the roof rack, and also seams under weatherstrip for side doors. One more possibility is the grommet for the liftgate wiring.

Reply to
Kevin

The windshield seal is probably leaking. If it was the rails it would be dripping at the sides. You may have to take it to a glass shop and have them reset your windshield.

Reply to
Woody