Chevy wheel cylinders / Ford Granada replacements ?

I was told that Ford Granada Wheel cylinders fit the Final generation A body backing plates, the plan is to install wheel cylinders that bolt up, and not use the dizzy round clip replacements GM loves so.
Anyone ever do this, or know of a better way to go ?

Dont know, but you may find a wider range of people who do this sort of upgrading on rec.autos.rod-and-custom
451CTDS wrote:

You could have your originals sleeved in brass or stainless steel and never worry about them again. The name White Post Restorations comes to mind, or you could try Goldline Brakes. I'm sure there are others that do this as well.
good luck,
nate

FYI you can buy replacement backing plates from the dealer that allow bolt on wheel cylinders.
--

Dave in Columbus