Chime

Have a quick question. I replaced the radio in my Sunfire. After doing so I find that all the little boings and ding dongs came from the radio. I believe it is called a chime generator.
So now I have no signal or light reminder or any of that sort of stuff. Does anyknow if a seperate tone generator exists or some sort of thing that I can plug in. If I had knon this ahead of time I would have left the orginal radio in or got one with this chime generator in it. I know all those harmonic dings "bug" the hell out of you but beleive me when they are not there you miss the reminders.
Thanks Ron
I never would have guessed that the radio was the source of the chimes. 21st century technology no doubt ;-).

I'm assuming you have one of the newer cars 2000+, when the radio was installed did they use a wiring harness or did they just splice into the factory wires? There is a company called Metra that makes a wiring kit that relocates the factory radio to the trunk in newer GM's, and also another part that plugs into that harness that adds a speaker to retain the chimes. They do this so you can still program some options through the radio (options depend on the vehicle)
You can obtain a Class 2 chime module that plugs into the wiring harness to replace those noises. I believe Crutchfield has them, for one - about 70 bucks..
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada