chinese Saab - soon all of GM

A former Swedish part of GM is now completely in Chinese ownership and will be moved to china.
The Chinese are said to want more and more of GM moved over.
The Chinese own a lot of US debt and some of the debt is guarantied with stocks in GM so it is more a question of time when GM will be moved completely to China.

stocks in GM so it is more a question of time when GM will be moved completely to China. China now produces more cars and owns more cars than all of North America combined.
Not sure they need GM at all.
--
The reason government can't fix the economic problems is government is
the problem.

gradually move their own people in and are in no hurry and get this relatively cheep because they own so many dollars already.

money and take over 50% but then they just played the waiting game and in the end they got 100% for less than they offered first.

Just wait, GM will become real cheap given time. Just wait until AmeriCredit blows up like GMAC.
--
The reason government can't fix the economic problems is government is
the problem.
"Just wait, GM will become real cheap "
That was really the problem for a few decades before the ultimate collapse.
They were run by cheap management and made cheap cars.
Problem was they were expensive too - both management and the cars.
I was looking at a movie tonight W. and what a piece of shit that leadership was.
I knew a bit about it earlier and how they used any and all means to get at oil and power.
Even sacrificing the people of the USA in the process in more ways than one.
Now the house of cards is coming tumbling down and that will not be cheap.
The autoindustry is involved in two ways of increasing poverty.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-03/recession-drives-more-people-into-poverty-wracked-neighborhoods-of-u-s-.html
One is the auto industry leaving factories and workers to their destiny.
One is creating suburbs and then people are stuck there and can not move.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-03/recession-drives-more-people-into-poverty-wracked-neighborhoods-of-u-s-.html
I guess the auto industry didnt "take 'em to raise".
If neither the companies nor the government takes a strong interest in this, then who is left to fight?
The people camping at wall street seem to be taking desperate action.
The money is very unevenly distributed and eventually someone will make the financial people cough up some of their loot.

So are the people who put effort into making money.
So your point? Just your envy and greed taking.
--
The reason government can't fix the economic problems is government is
the problem.
Most people who own most of the money do not make anything.
They are mostly products of corrupt system that distributes goods unevenly.
There are good elements in capitalism that give people incentive to work but very many institutions have distorted capitalism into monopoly and have robbed all the money from the people so there are a few percent or possibly less than 1% who own all the money and that is what has put a hell of a lot of people out of work.
Fortunately for me I live in Europe and the system is a bit better so the distribution of wealth is better.
I have more than enough for myself personally.

very many institutions have distorted capitalism into monopoly and have robbed all the money from the people so there are a few percent or possibly less than 1% who own all the money and that is what has put a hell of a lot of people out of work.

Funny, when I was in Europe in the early 80's I found most of the middle class taxed poor. Loved the visit to work as an expat, but can't say I would settle down there without one of those extra fat salaries to cover the tax gouging.
--
The reason government can't fix the economic problems is government is
the problem.
I used to object to the high taxes.
Now I see that the taxes in Europe make for a better society.
The mounting problems in the states show the flaw of capitalist system without rules and regulations.
The increase in poverty, slums and misery caused by missing safety nets is not desirable.