Chugging/Bucking Chev Cavalier

1995 Cav 2.2 5spd 180,000km

Intermittent 'chugging'. Usually the car is fine for about 2-5 minutes after a cold start, then starts chugging for the rest of the drive. Almost feels like someone is depressing the accelerator pedal and releasing quickly when accelerating. When maintaining speed it still chugs and feels like it is missing. When coasting down it smooths out. Also sounds rough at idle. It is not a clutch problem as clutch seems to work fine, no slipping (under hard acceleration before chugging starts).

I've changed the plugs, replaced the fuel filter, and even tried unplugging the EGR vacuum hose (someone suggested this tactic once) Been thru several tanks of gas, and injector cleaner.

I'd certainly appreciate ANY help you could give me as it is a pain in the ass driving down the road like this (and probably looks funny too!)

karl takethispartout snipped-for-privacy@cogeco.ca

Reply to
UrbanSherpa

Sounds like maybe a timing issue. That's just my opinion though.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

@#@ Do your seatbelt up and hang on for 8 sec.

Rey

Reply to
Reynaud

Inspect the exhaust system / catalytic converter for clogging.

Reply to
ega

Reply to
Chevrolet